How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8.1 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
Can not Reset Windows 8?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly. …
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. …
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I factory reset my computer without a disk?
Restore without installation CD/DVD
- Turn on the computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key.
- At the Advanced Boot Options screen, choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
- Press Enter.
- Log in as Administrator.
- When Command Prompt appears, type this command: rstrui.exe.
- Press Enter.
How do I restore Windows 10 without a disk?
How do I reinstall Windows without a disk?
- Go to “Start” > “Settings” > “Update & Security” > “Recovery”.
- Under “Reset this PC option”, tap “Get Started”.
- Choose “Remove everything” and then choose to “Remove files and clean the drive”.
- Finally, click “Reset” to begin reinstalling Windows 10.
How can I repair my Windows 8?
To do so, follow these steps:
- Insert the original installation DVD or USB Drive. …
- Restart your computer.
- Boot from the disc/USB.
- At the Install screen, click Repair your computer or press R.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type these commands: bootrec /FixMbr bootrec /FixBoot bootrec /ScanOs bootrec /RebuildBcd.
How do I Reset my computer when it wont let me?
This can be done by pressing the Windows logo key+L, then holding Shift key down as you select Power >Restart on the lower right end of your screen. Once your PC restarts, then you can select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
How do you reboot a Windows 8 laptop?
How To Perform a Hard Reset in Windows 8
- Hover your mouse over the right top (or right bottom) corner of your screen to bring up the Charms menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select More PC Settings at the bottom.
- Select General then select either Refresh or Reset.
How do I restore laptop to factory settings?
To begin, in the Start menu, click Settings, and then click Update & Security. In the resulting Update & Security window, click Recovery in the left pane. Under Reset this PC in the right pane click Get Started. In the following screen, choose either Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings.
How do I do a factory reset?
How to perform Factory Reset on Android smartphone?
- Tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset Device.
- Tap Erase Everything.
How do I restore my Windows laptop to factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. …
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.